Nine men have been charged with sexual offences as part of an investigation into alleged abuse in Rotherham.
They appeared at Sheffield Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, and have been released on bail until their next hearing on 17 May.
According to the National Crime Agency, eight of the men are accused of offences that allegedly took place between 2003 and 2008.
They are charged as follows:
• Mohammed Amar, 41, of Elizabeth Way, Rotherham, with two counts of indecent assault
• Mohammed Siyab, 43, of Stevenson Drive, Rotherham, with two counts of rape, one of indecent assault and one of trafficking
• Omar Mahmood, 36, of Grosvenor Road, Rotherham, with two counts of rape
• Yasser Ajaib, 38, of Walter Street, Rotherham, with one count of indecent assault
• Mohammed Zameer Sadiq, 48, of Richard Street, Rotherham, with two counts of rape
• Abid Sadiq, 42, formerly of Rotherham, with three counts of rape and one of indecent assault
• Tahir Yasin, 37, of Burngreave Street, Sheffield, with six counts of rape
• Ramin Bari, 36, of Batemore Road, Sheffield, with four counts of rape
The ninth man to be charged – 41-year-old Mohammed Imran Ali Akhtar, formerly of Rotherham – faces two counts of rape and two of indecent assault that allegedly took place in 2001 and 2002.